Being a perceptive person with a borderline obsession of watching people (not in a creepy stalker way haha) & studying the way individuals react to others & situations in their day to day I’ve come to notice that there are very few truly & genuinely unique people these days. Now I know that to be truly unique one must be able to accept & be completely comfortable with who they are. This starts at the very core of their being such as beliefs, values & morals to the way they express themselves from fashion sense, personal interests & living styles. The trouble with someone being undoubtably comfortable in their own skin is that it requires not only self-confidence but courage as well. One must be willing to risk looking or feeling out of place, combating skepticism, going against societal fads/trends & peer pressure to conform ultimately pushing them to masquerade under a facade verses their true exterior. Being truly unique is hard work in the sense it isn’t easy to fully accept ones self in many occasions but when accomplished life in essence becomes easier, less stressful & pressure field. To become the truly unique person that lies within all of use we mustn’t be fearful when divulging our honest opinions despite the negative or unwanted reactions we might receive do to opposition or difference of view. Furthermore we embarrass & learn to appreciate & be proud of the traits that give us special character & make us stand out from the masses.
In addition to the previously stated truly unique individuals posses an array of the following attributes:
1. Applying solicited advice & acting only after determining within themselves if its the best for them despite outside influence.
2. Possessing unique quirks, habits & traditions (daily, weekly, monthly etc) while accepting & allowing those they surround themselves with to be who they are in the same sense.
3. Always looking below the surface of things for deeper meaning in words as well as other beings & placing a higher worth on knowledge, wisdom & experience over material possessions.
4. Are able to approach any situation they may be in with a forward mind set wether the predicament be positive or negative & find happiness by themselves with themselves.
5. Tend to be nonjudgemental, seeing through/looking past facades & finding beauty within things that most may pay little to no attention.
6. Take responsibility for any & all of their actions, carry themselves with great confidence due to their transparency & lack of concern towards negative presumption or conclusions peers may formulate.
7. Genuinely value others growth, harbor no negative feelings or wish bad fortune upon anyone.
These are the makings of a truly unique individual.